Whether you have a concrete driveway, concrete patio, or concrete anywhere in your landscaping, you may want to know how to repair cracks in case any happen to appear. Cracks are a common issue with any concrete. This is why it is important to know what you can do to take care of it. The severity of the crack, the location, and the size. Here's how you can fix the crack in your concrete:
- First you want to widen the crack. Yes, the crack is already large, so you may be wondering why it is suggested that you make it larger. Well, you want to be sure that the sides of the crack are straighter instead of jagged. This will ensure that once you fill the crack with sealant, it will be more stable.
- Once the crack is widened, you will want to clean out the debris in it with a wire brush. This will also ensure that the sealant is going to be more stable and has a cleaner appearance once it dries.
- Mix the concrete that you have purchased to fill the crack. You can find the concrete that you need at your local hardware store and mix it according to the directions on the package.
- Once you have filled the crack with the concrete mix, you will want to smooth it out so that it is level with the rest of the concrete surrounding it.
- After the concrete mix has dried up completely, you will want to seal it. This will ensure that it doesn't chip or become uneven in the future with the rest of the concrete. This will also help to prevent stains since concrete can easily become stained. So be sure to also purchase sealant from your local hardware store and follow the directions on the label.
- Repairing a smaller crack is much easier than repairing a larger one. First you will want to clean out the crack with a wire brush and wash it out with water.
- Once you have cleaned out the crack, you can simply apply crack filler with the use of a caulking gun.
- After the crack has been filled, you just have to wait for it to dry and you are done. Sealant isn't necessary since the crack is small and will likely not cause problems with the appeal of the concrete as a whole.
By knowing how to repair cracks in the concrete anywhere in your home, you can ensure that you are able to keep appeal high. If your concrete needs extensive repairs or you need new concrete work done, talk to a contractor like AAA Concrete Construction Inc.