Mold In Your Coffee Maker Might Make You Sick

If you feel sick and don't know why, you may not realize that you're actually drinking toxins each time you have a cup of coffee. If you haven't cleaned out your coffee maker recently, you may be consuming mycotoxins. These mycotoxins may also find their way into your body in several other ways, which is why its important to hire mold remediation services when you have a mold problem. 

Coffee Makers as Health Hazards

Coffee makers can become a health hazard a week after they have been cleaned. The mold spores multiply even faster when the coffee maker sits undisturbed. If you drink a cup of coffee and are not satisfied with the taste, one reason is that it might be filled with mold.

You might notice that the coffee tastes more bitter than usual. One strategy used to make coffee taste less bitter is to remove it shortly after you've brewed it so that the coffee doesn't become burned. But if you have a coffee mold problem, the bitterness will exist even if you remove the coffee immediately.

The Threat of Mycotoxins

When your body is ingesting mycotoxins, you will suffer from allergy symptoms. Allergies can lead to headaches, congestion, coughing, and sneezing. You may feel like you're coming down with the flu. If you've been consuming mycotoxins for a long time, you may have even become accustomed to these symptoms. 

The effects of exposure to mold can range from person to person. Some individuals are very sensitive to mold and will realize that something is wrong with them while others may feel a vague sense of feeling ill. If you are really sensitive to mold, not only should you clean your coffee pot frequently, but you should also avoid areas that are damp and likely to have mold, such as compost piles and wooded areas. 

Allergies and Asthma

In addition to allergies, those who reside in spaces that have a large amount of mold are more likely to suffer from asthma symptoms. If you are suffering from allergies or asthma, you'll need to undergo tests to determine if your symptoms are being caused by a mold problem. It's possible to be tested for allergies to mold.

Regardless, mold is something you must keep under control in your home. Not only can it cause health problems and make your coffee taste horrible, but it can also cause damage to your home and attract pests. Therefore, mold remediation services are necessary.


Share